StainsCleaning

Paint Splatters On Winter Coat

Category Stains

I found what appears to be white paint splatters on my winter coat. The coat surface is smooth/shiny and the color is dark green. Any ideas on how to remove? There are lots of spots...

Vonda

Do you know if it's latex or oil paint? If it's latex, I found this at ehow.com:
Goof Off, available at most hardware stores, removes latex paint from clothing. Apply it, agitate it with a brush a little, rinse and then launder the garment as usual. It worked great on a pair of cotton shorts and a pair of denim jeans.

Instead of trying to remove the splatters from the coat, try to cover them up instead. My son got some white spray paint on a red fleece hoodie. I knew there was no way to remove it without damaging the color, so I opted to cover it up instead.

Just get a permanent magic marker as close to the color of your coat as possible. Try it on one place & see how it looks. Check to see if it hides the spots, or just makes it worse. It's worth a try!

By Trish (Guest Post)

i got like pizza stain on my coat and i tried to get it off but it like spread...and ive tried everything in my house and now i have like this light light yellow stains...and its on a white coat...is there anyway to get it out without going ot the cleaners becuase i have to use to coat tomarrow