AdviceCleaning

Tips for Sweeping Up Hair

I work in housekeeping at a resort. We have a hard time sweeping up hair in the bathrooms. Does anyone have a trick for making this easier? The hair seems to want to go everywhere, except in the dust pan. Thank you.

By Seanny from Twin Peaks, CA

A rubber broom like the hair salons use is brilliant at sweeping up hair. My mother had one when she had her beauty salon and she swore by it.

The above tip may be better than mine, but I get down on the floor and wipe it up with a damp paper towel to get the hair before mopping.

Personally, I would be vacuuming that hair up, not trying to sweep it. Do they not allow you to have an electric floor sweeper? Just asking!

If the rubber broom doesn't work, but I think it will, try a very light spray of plain water, just a mist to cut the static electricity which is what makes the hair fly around.

I use either a wet paper towel or vacuum with my hand held mini vacuum.

If a rubber broom or vacuum is not possible, spray the broom bristles with a little furniture polish before sweeping. This grabs the hair to the broom.

Vacuum cleaner. Kind regards.

The swiffer mops are great for getting hair from floor. You can use a paper towel over the mop and dampen it then swipe the floor.

The hair clings to it. Just pull off and add another paper towel and you're ready to go again.

Hair that is swept into a pile sticks to itself by static: just pick up the hair using a piece of tissue, then sweep the rest of the pile into the dust pan.

I have used a lint remover in my bathroom carpet floor. It picks up more than just hair. Try it you will like it!.

Lightly wet your broom.