Product FinderConsumer Advice

Shopping for Olive Pimento Cheese Spread

I would like to buy olive pimento cheese spread in the jar. I can't find it in the store anymore, only old English and pimento. Does anyone know where I can find it? Is it still made?

By Lynda from Pine Bluff, AR

Anonymous

I think Kraft still makes it. If you have a Walmart near you they most likely carry it. I happen to have a really good recipe for it that you can make:

Pimento Olive Cheese Spread

10 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 small yellow onion, grated
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup pimiento stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
4 to 8 tbsp sour cream (depending on the consistency you want)

Mix first five ingredients well, stir in the 4 tablespoons of sour cream. Add more tablespoons of sour cream if desired.

If anyone locates it, see if they also have the "Roka Blue" that my mother always stuffed celery with for the holidays. That is not in the stores either. I would love to find it again.

Anonymous

EGGZ, you're in luck! I just submitted this recipe here at ThriftyFun :-)

Kraft Roka Blue Spread Substitute

I've seen several requests regarding Roka Blue so for those of you lovers looking for this discontinued product you're in luck because I found it and Kraft Kitchen themselves swear this is the perfect substitute recipe for the original! This recipe equals two of the original 5 ounce jars.

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Water, if desired

Mix the cream cheese and blue cheese until well blended; add 1 tablespoon at a time of water (up to 5 tablespoons) for a thinner consistency if desired.

*NOTE: For a tangier flavor add 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar.

The Net says they discontinued it in 2012. I wish I'd known; I would have purchased a case.

Anonymous

I have been looking for the olive and pimento spread, too. Just saw reply it was discontinued in 2012. I'm very disappointed.

Hi friend,
Am in same position! Just ordered from Walmart and NO olive pimiento! Frustrating!! If I find a source will post.

It is NO LONGER made. Must do it yourself...see my recipe using Kraft pimento spread. (Still available at Walmart)

I can't find olive pimento cheese anymore. Do you still make it?

I have to have it. I have lived in Wisconsin all my life and bought it there, however, suddenly it wasn't there. I have now moved to Washigton DC and cannot find it. Any suggestions? I don't want a recipe.

By Peg

Answers

Here is a link where you can put in the product, and it will tell you where it is sold from.

http://productl  oductlocator.htm

Good luck and it sounds delicious!

I can't find it either. 'Lynda" in 2011 was looking for it too. Maybe they discontinued it.

I tried the link but got nowhere. Could be that I need another cup of coffee, though, to wake up. ;-)

I'm going to order a 6 pack of their pimento cheese from Amazon prime ($19 and change), then buy a jar of olives w/ pimentos, chop them into little pieces and mix the whole thing up. Should work, right?

Anonymous

I have already done that...twice. Comes out EXACTLY like the original. Chop 12 pimento-stuffed green olives into 1/8" pieces in an electric chopper. Remove all the spread from the jar and put into a glass. Add the olives and mix WELL. Scoop it all back into the jar, refrigerate, and enjoy!!