Glue for Envelopes

After you've made your homemade cards and matching envelopes, here's an easy to make glue.

Materials needed:

• 6 Tbsp.white vinegar
  • 4 (0.1 oz.) packets unflavored gelatin

• 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

Instructions:

Start by bringing the vinegar to a boil in a pan. Add the gelatin and stir until it dissolves. Add the extract and stir until well mixed. While still warm brush a thin layer onto your homemade envelope flap and set aside and allow to dry.

To adhere the envelope, moisten as you would any envelope and press closed. Store unused mixture in an airtight container. To re-apply, warm the mixture in a pan and apply as before.

By Keeper from Blue Ridge Mountains, NC

Sounds like a good one, Keeper. You get my vote! JPJ

Thumbs Up Blue Ridge Mountain Keeper. I love making cards, but hate having to add Elmer's Glue to them at the last minute when I'm ready to use them. I've never found a Glue Stick that actually works, and keeps working.

Thanks for sharing this great recipe. I had a copy once before, and lost track of it. I'm so happy to have it again. It works so well.

Pookarina

What a great tip. I love making my own cards and envelopes, but being able to add a glue that will dry and keep until ready to mail is going to be so nice. I can't wait to try this.

Thanks for sharing.

MisMachado

Crafts Paper StationeryMarch 21, 2011
😎
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf47080311.tip.html