Bleach Stain on Carpet

My new avocado colored carpet has a large bleach stain. Now I have a large lavender colored area. Help!

By Donna from NJ

Anonymous
Best Answer

Since it's a new carpet hopefully you're talking about wall to wall carpet and hopefully you have remnants from when the carpet was installed. If so, hire a professional to do a patch job with the remnants.

I just moved across country a few months ago, and when I was unpacking the box I had packed my bleach in, I found that the bleach had spilled in the box, and also leaked through the bottom of the box onto the carpet. Does anyone have suggestions on touching up the carpet? I know I probably can't actually remove the bleach- that would be nice, though! It only left a few small spots, on tan carpet. Any suggestions, anyone?

Emily in Mississippi

Aside from buying carpet dyes over the 'net and then they won't dye the same shade, so why not buy an area rug and lay over the top to hide it?