FleasPets

Frontline Available Without A Prescription

Prescription Frontline flea and tick treatment has just come off patent. You can now buy this product over the counter and save yourself money when taking care of your cat or dog. A large savings and more convenient.

Source: Consumer Reports

By Brenda from Glade Valley, NC

Yes, this is true. It has been a Costco for a very long time. I am waiting for advantage to get in to the stores also. Thank you for sharing.

The patent is off and it can now come out under different brand names and other manufactures.This will make it somewhat cheaper to buy. I didn't know one needed a prescription to purchase it. I was always able to buy it on line or at the Vet's with out a prescription. Frontline had cornered the market on this brand so they could charge whatever they wanted to. I also see the Frontline brand being more inexpensive to purchase because there will be more competition.

None of the flea control except Advantix needs a prescription on line as far as I have found but for some reason this year advantage 11 has had some problems not working in the spring.

I personally will not use Frontline. I believe the chemical makeup has been changed on this product and it is ineffective on my animals. It used to work but does not do a good job anymore. I use comfortis the pill, for my dog that is allergic to almost anything on her skin, and Advantage on the other dogs. It is a shame to me that Frontline doesn't work anymore because I used to buy a big spray bottle of it and use it on all the dogs.

Robyn