AdviceDecorating

Framing an Old Wall Mirror

My 16 year old large, wall to wall mirror has large black spots at the bottom. Where can I get a mirror frame that I can install myself? I would like to dress it up with something that could be washed. So I don't want to use paper or stickers, I have tried that. I have heard of MirrEdge but Lowe's doesn't carry it anymore and I don't know where else to find some. Thank you.

By Chantal Da Rosa from Silicon Valley, CA

I had the same problem with a large bathroom mirror. I took it off the wall and brought it to a glass/mirror store and they cut the bad area off. It was rather cheap.

Use regular wood moulding - there are lots of designs to choose from. Paint it with gloss or semi-gloss paint. That will make it washable. Mount it with construction adhesive.