Pots Stuck Together

I had 2 pans that were stuck together. After trying everything I've heard of, I finally sprayed WD-40 into the sides of bottom pan, put them in freezer over-night, dropped them on concrete this morning, and VOILA! I have 2 pans again.

Wahoo! I had earlier tried putting ice in the top one and putting them on the stove on low, but it didn't work. So glad I have my favorite pans back again.

By Patsy from Hadley, MA

An air compressor will work as well. It will get 2 buckets unstuck as well.

Using either heat or cold on both pans is a total waste of time.
To separate them use the heat = expand/cold = contract theory in simple physics.
Put the plug in your kitchen sink and fill it with water you have heated on the stove to not quite boiling and only deep enough to come close to the rim of the lower pan. Then put ice water in the upper pan. The hot water will expand the lower pan and the ice water will contract the upper pan allowing them to separate easily and safely with no damage to either one.

I tried the boiling water and ice trick with no result until I tapped the stuck metal lid with the handle of a heavy knife about 4 times. Yea!

Anonymous

Earlier today I read in this section about how to get the pots separated and it worked quickly. Put about a handful of ice cubes in the pot, wait a minutes or two, turn the pot handles in opposite directions and they separate easily.

Thanks for that idea.

Hi , I had a dilemma, a plate got stuck in a glass bowl , I tried for about 4 days , freezing water in the top plate and then sitting it in a bowl of hot water, it worked eventually, I also tried the cooking oil method , never give up ....
make sure u emerge the bowl in hot water , right up to the point where the two bowls are joined, the top plate has to be full of ice , u will hear crackling , tip it over and maybe knock gently with a wooden spoon, it will fall out ....

Also I don't know if everyone already knows this tip glass cookwate. You know how after using your glass baking dishes for a while the edges get the burnt look. Well, if you take Easy Off Oven Cleaner, spray the pan.

I mean spray a lot evenly and then put the glass baking sheet in a plastic shopping bag. Then tie it shut. Leave it for at least 12 hours. Open bag and wipe clean. You will be Surprised people because the Pan will look BRAND SPANKING NEW, AS IF YOU JUST BOUGHT IT FROM THE STORE......

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceNovember 1, 2010
🍀
💘