Separating Stuck Pots and Pans

This is foolproof technique.

1) Immerse the stuck vessels in water by adding weight into vessel, anything heavy.

2) After water goes into the lower vessel, heat it on a flame, dry heating.

3) The water in the lower vessel evaporates. The steam pushes the upper vessel.

4) The vessels are thus separated effortlessly without causing any damage to the dishes.

Source: Mother's experience.

Hlo.. Two stainless steel glasses have been stuck together so badly that I m not able to separate them easily.. Please suggest some method to me as soon as possible.
Thanku

Thanks for it...really works like a charm

thank you.. wotked for me!

I combined a couple of tips. The lower pan had water in it so that I was able to put it on the stove-top. Then I filled the upper pan with ice.

Through a combination of the lower pan swelling because of the heat - and the the upper pan shrinking because of the cold - I was eventually able to separate them. Everyone's answer was so helpful.

Thank you so much, that finally did the trick!!

Thanks for the tip. I just tried this, adding water to the bottom pot and heating it on the stove. With in minutes i heard a pop and now have 2 pots again.

If two plates sticks together try to put little water under the bottom plates .then put it on the stove the bottom side and boil the water.after boiling 5minutes the plates will separate.no worries.

Anonymous

really works what a relief

This method really works. I thought I would have to throw both pans away but they are now separated. I had been using the pans as a double boiler when they originally got stuck and there was still water in the bottom pan.

I put them on the stove and turned the element on and went to the sink to do something else. I suddenly heard this HUGE noise and realized that the top pot had blown off. It didn't go far but the technique really worked! Thank you.

I made the mistake of putting it on high and walking away. When I went back it blew up in my face. Got 2nd degree burns from water in bottom pot and a big knot on my forehead. The pans are apart but I am a mess! Be careful if doing this.

Worked in minutes - saved my very expensive and favourite pan. Thank you.

When I worked in a garden store, the metal garbage cans we had stacked on display would stick together. We just sprayed WD-40 around the top of the bottom one where it had the next one stuck in it and it would come off.

Then sprayed the next one, etc. It also works on those big 5 gallon plastic buckets. I had 3 stacked together sitting in my back yard for several years as I couldn't use them stacked. Then I remembered the WD-40 trick and now I have 3 separate buckets!

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS METHOD! Yes it works. In my experience, too well... The water heated up in he bottom pit and shot the other pot off the top like a rocket. Hot water sprayed all over the kitchen and me, leaving a burn. Watch your pots carefully if you do this method.

Anonymous

It worked, thanks - btw, I had a bit of an explosion when my pans separated, nothing hurt, I just wasn't expecting it

Home and Garden Repair Other DishesJune 10, 2015
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Separating-Stuck-Pots-and-Pans.html