Top Load Washer Does Not Drain or Spin

My Frigidaire top loader will not drain the water or spin after the wash or rinse cycle. What is the problem and how do I repair it?

By terry from Cape, MO

When I had this problem in a washer, I had a broken water pump. You probably need to call in a service man.

How old is it? If it's 10 or more years old, it might be dead. Otherwise look on web for an 800 number for Frigidaire and find their do it yourself repair number and talk to someone. I used to have a GE washer and dryer, and occasionally had to fix it and got help via their parts/repair people. However we used the sets
each and every day, about 2-3 times per day, and after 10 years the set was toast. Went through 2 sets that way, but happy with them.