KitchenHome Improvement

Regluing Countertops

Category Kitchen

Some of my vinyl countertops are coming loose at the corners, and I'd like to glue them back in place. What's the best glue to use for this?


By zballoongirl

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

By Linda (Guest Post)
March 11, 20050 found this helpful

Go to a store like Home Depot and ask them. They will know!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 11, 20050 found this helpful

I'm assuming that you are referring to laminate countertops, such as formica. I have used more sheets of laminate than I care to think about and have had to deal with this same problem from time to time. You can use just about any type of glue, but I wouldn't use a white glue, such as Elmers as it's not water or heat proof. A quick setting epoxy works well and doesn't adhere well to the outside face of the laminate so any that squeezes out is easy to remove.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Ana from Miami (Guest Post)
March 12, 20050 found this helpful

I had the same problem so I called the Installer and he told me to go to Home Depot and get a spray that would cost me $10.00 but I went to Ace hardware and they sugested DAP Weldwood Contact Cement, the bottle was $3.00 and worked like a charm

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenMarch 10, 2005
Mother's Day Ideas!
Pest Control
Father's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/05/10 08:43:13 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!