KitchenHome Improvement

Regluing Countertops

Category Kitchen

Some of my vinyl countertops are coming loose at the corners, and I'd like to glue them back in place. What's the best glue to use for this?

By zballoongirl

By Linda (Guest Post)

Go to a store like Home Depot and ask them. They will know!

I'm assuming that you are referring to laminate countertops, such as formica. I have used more sheets of laminate than I care to think about and have had to deal with this same problem from time to time. You can use just about any type of glue, but I wouldn't use a white glue, such as Elmers as it's not water or heat proof. A quick setting epoxy works well and doesn't adhere well to the outside face of the laminate so any that squeezes out is easy to remove.

By Ana from Miami (Guest Post)

I had the same problem so I called the Installer and he told me to go to Home Depot and get a spray that would cost me $10.00 but I went to Ace hardware and they sugested DAP Weldwood Contact Cement, the bottle was $3.00 and worked like a charm