Does NIX Kill Fleas?

Can I use lice killer on my dog to kill fleas?

By carole from MI

I don't know for sure, but I bet it would! It also kills the lice eggs (or nits) too!

Yes, it does.

I have a Yorkie and she is kind of festive with fleas but I have lice treatment will it be safe for her

You mean infested? Festive is a whole different word.

And if your dog is infested with fleas then shampoo will not help. You need to get a good treatment like Advantage Multi to use once a month. Don't be cheap.

Anonymous

I have 9 nine dogs treated each one with frontline expensive crap and it's crap I wasted a bunch of money for nothing dogs have fleas all over them and bathing them or dipping them is a weakened time

Been there done that trust me mate

Yes same here I used frontline on my miniature foxy and as soon as he went back outside he was full of fleas again so at the moment I don't know what to do I've tried tea tree oil don't work tried all flea treatment don't work

Try using rosemary tea or spray. If you can't find it in a store, make a tea by boiling fresh rosemary and let it steep. When it cools off, you can either spray or dip your dog and it works as a repellent and calms their skin.

Anonymous

Try soaking a fabric dog collar (nylon etc) in the tea tree oil. Will need to be re-soaked every other week or so.

My vet told me frontline , and pet armor are not working, the fleas have built up a resistance to it.I rescue cats and I have fleas for the first time, I've done everything and still have a problem, they are just relentless this year!

Comfortis works front line dont really work

Comfortis works really good

I just used a whole bottle of lice shampoo on my chocolate lab and they killed everything so yes definitely use and also as a repellent use some tea tree oil based stuff to to run through the coat

Anonymous

Does it really kills the fleas or does it nock them out

Which lice shampoo did you use? The fleas are horrid out here and everyone is having a hard time with them, we are in the country, and Advantage is not doing anything.

Tea oil is poisonous to dogs and cats. Even just breathing it can caused them to become very sick, so not a good idea

Here I buy the Dollar General brand its reasonable and pretty cheap you get 2 bottles for $8.00 works good a simple head lice shampoo on fleas believe it!

There is a natural repellant for fleas its a cinnamon oil will not harm pets! Can be purchased on Amazon

Tea tree oil is posion to animals

Anonymous

Note true

YES, and the Dollar General brand also has an all natural spray for kids that you spray on and wear it all day and rinse it off after 8 hours. This is a great option and it kills them just like the shampoos do without harsh chemicals and you can also get 2 large (approx 20 ounce) bottles for $8.00. Very effective in obliterating all of them. I use it and I spray the inside of the doghouse as well

Anonymous

Cinnamon oil is toxic to dogs

We use the Advantage for the largest dogs you can purchase on all of our pets no matter their size its blue I think and it's the only Advantage we find works. The lower doses for smaller animals are just a waste of money. ( When flea season is bad we treat twice 3 days apart for the first treatment but ONLY if they already have fleas)... If they do not have fleas before treating them during the Spring/Summer months its the usual one dose treatment monthly but only using the Advantage for larger dogs, we live in the country and have had nothing but success this way... I am not sure the Vet would recommend it being used twice 3 days apart but it works great and we only have to treat from May until November...

I got tired of these useless flea treatment not working. so I just used lice treatment on my dog...immediately fleas started dieing...gonna repeat in a few days

You should dish washer soap on dog it's best to use dawn because it has chemicals that work to kill fleas after the bath you wanna give them a pill or a medicine that is repels any type of blood sucker

I used dawn but it didn't work used tea tree oil sprays not affected dog drops not affected or the shampoos nodda

Im going crazy have tried the capstar pills on my dogs gave them 4 doses each didnt do a thing my cat is also going crazy I cant sleep my dogs are crying all night I have gotten vet shampoo Dawn dish soap mother is working I cant afford $60 on a dog for Crap that doesnt work like frontline can the lice shampoo kill fleas and would it harm my Chihuahuas I have three

Will nix kill fleas on dogs

Once u bathe ur cat or dog u must flea bomb ur house or put salt on ur carpets n floors for 2-3 days then the fleas should stay gone

Will NIX (head lice shampoo) kill fleas?

Annmarie from Oneonta, NY

Answers:

Does NIX Kill Fleas?

Nix does contain pyrethrins which have been proven to kill fleas, ticks and lice. But if you are trying to rid your dog or cat of fleas Nix seems like a costly choice. It can also be very caustic if left on too long. "Natural Chemistry" available at pet stores is a natural flea killer that is safe enough to be used even on puppies and kittens.

Works wonderfully. Just remember you need to treat all area of the home as well, or you may never rid yourself of this dreaded pest. I have also heard that 20 mule team Borax sprinkled to affected areas around your home, leave it to sit for a period of time then vacuum it up, helps as well. (10/04/2007)

By Meredith NH

Home and Garden Pest Control LiceJuly 21, 2009
🌻
🎂
🎃
😷
Generated 2020-09-28 06:36:16 in 668 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf49413985.tip.html