LicePest Control

Does NIX Kill Fleas?

Can I use lice killer on my dog to kill fleas?

By carole from MI

I don't know for sure, but I bet it would! It also kills the lice eggs (or nits) too!

Yes, it does.

I have a Yorkie and she is kind of festive with fleas but I have lice treatment will it be safe for her

You mean infested? Festive is a whole different word.

And if your dog is infested with fleas then shampoo will not help. You need to get a good treatment like Advantage Multi to use once a month. Don't be cheap.

Anonymous

I have 9 nine dogs treated each one with frontline expensive crap and it's crap I wasted a bunch of money for nothing dogs have fleas all over them and bathing them or dipping them is a weakened time

Been there done that trust me mate

I just used a whole bottle of lice shampoo on my chocolate lab and they killed everything so yes definitely use and also as a repellent use some tea tree oil based stuff to to run through the coat

Anonymous

Does it really kills the fleas or does it nock them out

Which lice shampoo did you use? The fleas are horrid out here and everyone is having a hard time with them, we are in the country, and Advantage is not doing anything.

You should dish washer soap on dog it's best to use dawn because it has chemicals that work to kill fleas after the bath you wanna give them a pill or a medicine that is repels any type of blood sucker 

Will NIX (head lice shampoo) kill fleas?

Annmarie from Oneonta, NY

Answers:

Does NIX Kill Fleas?

Nix does contain pyrethrins which have been proven to kill fleas, ticks and lice. But if you are trying to rid your dog or cat of fleas Nix seems like a costly choice. It can also be very caustic if left on too long. "Natural Chemistry" available at pet stores is a natural flea killer that is safe enough to be used even on puppies and kittens. Works wonderfully. Just remember you need to treat all area of the home as well, or you may never rid yourself of this dreaded pest. I have also heard that 20 mule team Borax sprinkled to affected areas around your home, leave it to sit for a period of time then vacuum it up, helps as well. (10/04/2007)

By Meredith NH