Sore on Rabbit's Nose

I have a 16 week old rabbit. Two days ago I noticed a sore on the side of his nose. I have looked endlessly on the internet to see what it might be. I have gone to two vets and they don't know if it's an infection or just a sore. It's an indoor rabbit and is not in contact with any other rabbits.

By Daphney

Did either of the vets give you a topical ointment to see if it would clear up the sore/infection?

Hello...
There is a Veterinarian in Petaluma, Calif. that specializes in rabbits.

His name is Dr. Pfahn. He is wonderful. You might want to give him a call or E-Mail him a pix. Good luck

I find it hard to believe neither vet suggested blood work or a skin scrape or both. Either one of those would rule out or confirm an infection. Did they at least offer antibiotics or an antibiotic ointment? Steriods would be another option if its a sore and not healing. They aren't great for the animal but in short term use, work wonders. I would find another vet if neither one wanted to do anything for you. I understand vet care is expensive but that comes with the responsibility of having a pet :)