AdviceGardening

Keeping Foxes out of Garden

Need to keep foxes away from a veg. garden and away from 2 dogs. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jeff Williams

For those of us who live in the country, see foxes occasionally on the fields but have no problems with them in our yard....what are the foxes doing to your vegetable garden? to the dogs?

I heard recently that if you put your dog poo around the boundary it will help to keep foxes away as they are territorial and go so much on scent. I haven't put this theory to the test but it sounded like a good idea.

Stroll out the back and take a pee in the garden.. it upsets the foxes and the neighbours but neither will disturb you again :)

ps it really does work

Foxes have dug a lair under our lawn complete with tunnels - any idea about how to get rid of them and stop them coming back?

I have a huge mutt/hound dog who goes crazy when the foxes show up in our yard (whether he sees or hears them). They will come right up to our deck at night when the dog is in the house, so I guess they don't care about him. He is outside alot (underground fence), so I know they can smell him. I'd like to stop the dog from going ballistic in the middle of the night when he hears the foxes "barking!" Even better, I'd like to make the foxes go away. Any ideas?

i have a rabbit and there foxes in the abandon house next to m what should i do

This simply doesnt work. I have a dog, and tried to leave his droppings around for a while, and i actually noticed an increase in numbers

If you live in the country it's because there's enough space for the foxes to go and therefore they don't come into your garden. In town, they come into gardens, dig tunnels, weaken fences, ruin flower beds & veg patches. In my case i'm more concerned that my cat comes back flea-ridden only when the foxes are around. I want the foxes out of towns, and when they're in the countryside I'd like to see them left in peace. So - am I peeing and pooing in my own garden then? Is that the advice? Oh lordy.

I have that problem too. 4 cats and loads of foxes...a massive mother and many kids...there is more than one family under my shed? Help what shall i do?