Giving Pills to Dogs

When I give medicine to any of my dogs, I crush them in a bowl and spread them on the food. Then, I put a small dollop of any pure meat (beef, chicken, etc.) in the bowl with about a teaspoonful of warm water. I stir it all up and the meat covers up the taste of the medicines. My dogs eat it with no problem.

By Barbara from Jacksonville, FL

My German Shepherd takes 4 pills a day and two more twice a week. I buy the 24 pack of chicken hot dogs and package them 6 to a freezer bag (I use the bags over and over). When I remove a pack from the freezer, I cut each hot dog into 7 pieces and put in a plastic tub in he fridge. That way the entire pack isn't sitting in the fridge for weeks. When pill time comes around I take out two or three pieces (and extra one for a treat) and poke with a chop stick. I pop them in the microwave for 8 seconds at 20% power. Pop a pill in each one. He comes to the kitchen each morning when he hears the microwave. At night, I place them on his food. No more problems with pills. Quick, easy, inexpensive.