Cleaning Stuffed Animals

Regarding cleaning large stuffed animals, would Woolite be a good detergent for washing a several foot long animal?

By Shoshie from Greenville, SC

What is the material your stuffy is made of and the stuffing used? If it is machine washable, take it to the laundromat and wash it if it won't fit into your washer. Use cold water versus hot. They will fluff up again after putting in a dryer on low heat and look new.

For my grandkids' furry friends, my secret ingredient is always baking soda. If the stuffed animal is small, then I see if I can hand wash it in a solution of warm (or hot) water with a couple of tablespoons of baking soda. But in your case, if the stuffed animal is too big, then I would use a piece of cloth and soak the cloth in the solution and use it to gently wipe it on the stuffed animals.

I've tried many cleaning methods that I read online and www.cleanstuffedanimals.com have some interesting techniques.