Removing Sharpie from Leather Shoes

My friend just got blue Sharpie permanent marker on my white leather Puma shoe. And I really need to know how to get the permanent marker out. Please help.

By Alec from 7988 MAIA Circle

Best Answer

Sharpie on Leather
If you accidentally mark up a pair of leather shoes or any other leather good, you can use Outdoor Saddle Soap to remove the stain. Simply apply and scrub with an old washcloth. It may take several scrubbings, but eventually your leather will look like new. good luck.

Best Answer

Rubbing Alcohol will remove the mark. Use paper towels & alcohol. I like to put the alcohol in a well-marked spray bottle then spray the alcohol on, then wait a few seconds, then wipe it off then do it again until the mark is gone.

If you have no luck use fingernail polish remover (which is stronger & can also remove the shoe polish as well). Lastly camouflage by polishing with a high quality white shoe polish.... This covers a multitude of stains!

*I use rubbing alcohol to remove permanent pens in my business all the time, & it's always worked for me! It will at least remove most of the mark, cover the rest with shoe polish. Cream works best, but liquid is also okay. Buy the kind for white nurses shoes.

Best Answer

I have used mosquito spray (off) on a paper towel to remove permanent marker. Good luck.

i need to try this

Anonymous

Wd40 works

Anonymous

The off spray takes off paint if there is some paint nearby do not let the off spray touch the paint. the bug spray also amkes the surface sticky.

I used to do some leather working and it may help to know that if you cannot get it all the way out or you mar the finish trying you can paint over it with a little bit of white acrylic latex paint to cover it. This is the water based stuff, you might even have a can around from painting your walls or trim. Just watch the sheen you use, sneakers or tennis shoes would probably need a satin sheen. Foam works best for applying it as it won't leave brush marks.

Anonymous

If your shoe is white,put white nail polish on it to cover the stain.When your nail polish is dry,seal it off with hairspray so the nail polish could stay on longer.Good as new!

Use a rag and put bug spray on it and scrub it

Anonymous

My friend did the same exact thing. LA Colors nail polish remover wipes are great. they take it right off.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherOctober 28, 2009
🐛
🌻
😎
📓