Permanent Marker on Leather Steering Wheel

My girlfriend thought I was cheating on her so she wrote another girl's name in permanent marker on my leather steering wheel. I wasn't cheating and now I can't get the marker out. I've tried everything, alcohol and ammonia don't work.

Please help!
Justin from Chicago, IL

Best Answer

Nail polish remover might work, but leather is a very porous and very absorbant surface.

Best Answer

The bug spray Off might work too...it works to remove permanent marker from almost anything.

By rose (Guest Post)

Have you tried Oxi clean ? don;t know if it will work or not, but worth a try . Call a leather shop and ask them if they know how to get the marker off. They might be able to help you . AND I hope you dumped the girlfriend , that was a very childish thing to do ! Did she have reason to think you were cheating, if she did , it is your fault, if she did not, then she will do it again , and again. I would steer clear of her.""

By Stacey Wilson (Guest Post)

I guess you try rubbing it with a gasoline till it removed. Or better yet go to your nearest auto shop, since they knew what is best for your car.

You wanna know how to "Keep your New Car New"? Visit http://www.xang  ser=StaceyWilson Auto Parts Issues.

Hi,

The ink remover here will remove permanent ink - http://www.furn  erInkRemover.htm

I would try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It seems to work for me on almost any surface, and I have removed permanent marker with it before. Good Luck to you!

Stay away from control freaks (this is an important lesson) and find someone who doesn't accuse you baselessly and them mark up your property.

This is ONLY the beginning. Wait 'til you see what else happens in the future!
On second thought, ditch this relationship ASAP. No girlfriend is better than this one!

By June (Guest Post)

1. Get rid of girlfriend.
2. Get rid of ink on steering wheel.
3. Make sure you are not driving a girl so crazy that she needs to get your attention in a very bad way (treat them with respect).
4. Make sure to date women that have a healthy self-esteem (they have self-respect for themselves).
Signed,
Been there (once the crazy girl, grew up around 5 brothers and their crazy girlfriends, went to a head dr and church so I'm headed down the right path), will never do that again.

Orange essential oil available at most any health food store,make sure it is pure oil and not a blended oil,cost usually under $10.00

My friend got black sharpie on her leather shoes and we used expensive perfume and that worked

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorNovember 22, 2005
🌻
📓
😎
🐛