Using Ziploc Food Storage Bags with Renyold's Vacuum Pump?

Does anyone know if the Renyold's vacuum pump can be used with Ziploc food storage vacuum bags?

By JohnD from NY

Yes you can, you might have to hunt for the right spot for the vacuum to work, but it works great

I have used the Reynolds vacuum pump with Ziploc bags but found the Ziploc bags do not seal completely. Every bag I used eventually took on air.

Here is website with info about trying to intermix the two brands. Describes how gaps are created which cause the bags to take on air (like I experienced).

cgi.ebay.com/.../230609026814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0...

I have 3 bag sealers, one in sewing room 2 in kitchen, but I don't buy anybodies sealer bags I buy the freezer bags put my stuff in them and go below the zipper and draw air out and seal, no problem with air and no opening bags. works great and in the freezer no opened accidents. You can even cut the zipper off if you want.

Food and Recipes StorageApril 16, 2011
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf52294401.tip.html

StorageFood and Recipes