Pet PagesPets

Avalanche (Cat)

Avalanche is a 6 year old cat. We got Avalanche from the shelter around 8 months ago. I had seen his photo on the local Humane Society webpage. I fell in love with him because he looked so huge and mean. Turns out, he's the sweetest!

Avalanche loves to sleep. He has two beds (can you say spoiled?) but prefers to sleep on pizza boxes and on the laptop. He has numerous toys, but he loves drinking straws and other "trash" rather than his toys. He enjoys sitting in the windows and watching the cars go by. He demands attention at all times. When you are attempting to sleep, he loves grabbing your feet and wrestling them.

Avalanche doesn't meow very often, but he doesn't have a problem meowing when he senses something is wrong. He heard an abandoned baby kitten meowing for help and he just went crazy trying to rescue it. My boyfriend locked the keys in the truck, so he had to break a window to get to the house door for spare keys. Well, during his adventure of rescuing the keys, Avalanche was meowing and pawing at the door to help let him in.

Recently, I was crying over the death of my father, and Avalanche came to the rescue for comfort. We rescued him and he's constantly repaying us for the deed. We love him and he's the perfect addition to our family.

By Becca25 from NY

Thank you for giving this beautiful cat a home. Yes, animals are great depression lifters! I am so sorry for the loss of your father.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a lovely story and a lovely cat... I was rather depressed in high school, even hospitalized for it, as embarrassing as that is, but when I returned home my grandmother had a box waiting for me. Inside that box was baby Lucifer, my new Siamese kitten. He gave me another reason to live, something to care for and someone who needed me to be around. Cats are sweet and know how to heal our souls. I am so glad you have a treasure of your own! I absolutely love the second photo of him... Too funny! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love that name Avalanche, that is the best I've ever heard for a white cat!

And he is a cutie!

Reply Like this photo? Yes