Removing Cat Urine Odor From Laminate Flooring

I am looking for advice about removing cat urine odor from laminate flooring.

Kay from Atlanta, GA

By (Guest Post)

I have a laminated floor and the "claim" of these floors are that they are so totally non-porus...I don't understand how the cat urine could penetrate that much to smell.
That is why the laminate floors are so hard to clean...you have to wipe up every bit of water or dampness, because they are so non-porus it just lays on the top...how did the cat urine get into the floor?!?
Are you sure it is a laminate flooring?
Go to a Convalescent Aids Store or health care place where the sell the deord. products for the home potties. Try that on the floor.

By darleneslee (Guest Post)

Help, I have an older cat that thinks my laminate floor is her litter box. I think the odor may even be coming where it has seeped into the seams of the floor.

Is there any product I can use or do I have to replace the floor and subfloor.

By Johnna B (Guest Post)

I just read a posting on removing urine smell from concrete and/or wood flooring, and they suggested white vinegar. I too have a laminate floor, and I am giving it a whirl. Hope it works.

I had some bad odor from my dog's urine, even after I had cleaned it up. I used vinegar today, and no more odor! Clean air. Also, using a flat siesel ( may be spelled wrong) rug will be easier to clean. I have one that lies on top of my flooring. They can be found water resistant, and easy to vaccum. So far, that and white vinegar water, have worked. Not sure on laminate, but if you wipe it right away, then apply vinegar, then wipe with damp cloth, it should be ok.

Is it half water and half vinegar