Solutions for Over Processed Hair

I just received a Wave Nuevo and I had one previously with no problems, but I changed beauticians and my hair has been falling out every day. I don't know what she did to my hair and I don't know how long this is going to go on. My hair is so dry and brittle even after I placed the moisturizer on it. How can I stop my hair from falling out?

Eichelle

Best Answer

First thing is to take a deep breath. This will be ok. Call the beautician that put the Wave Nuevo in your hair and explain exactly what has happened, in as calm and non-accusatory a manner as possible (even if you are really ticked at her). She should at the very least be able to offer you some suggestions if not bring you in and give you some kind of treatment for free.

I have a couple of ideas of products you could use, but without seeing your hair and knowing the condition, I would only recommend using the products below if a licensed beautician determines they would help. If you don't trust the one that over processed your hair, ask friends, family, even women with nice hair on the street for a referral.

A hard-core protein treatment such as Aphogee 2-step or Revlon Metalax may help stop the breakage in its tracks, but I sincerely suggest you talk to the stylist first. I have used both with success personally, but not after experiencing an over-process.

Aphogee and Metalax are strong proteins that could make your hair break off further if what you really need is moisture and not protein. In the meantime, try to baby your hair as much as possible; no heat, washing, excessive combing.

Best Answer

Is your hair falling out or breaking off. If it is breaking off some professional conditioning will help. If it is indeed falling out then a skin specialist might be what you need. I like to pass on what my sister always said about her hair when she got a cut or color she did not like. She said "there is one thing about hair....it grows back". Then she cut it and started over.