Helpful HintsFood Tips

Always Wear Gloves When Cutting Hot Peppers

At Christmas I was housecleaning for a friend. While cleaning out the fridge, we found a bag of mixed hot and banana peppers. She gave them to me and I had the bright idea of making Salsa and canning it for gifts. It was a bag from Walmart so you can imagine how many it took to fill it.

It didn't bother me while I was cutting them up and I washed my hands as my daughter and I were leaving to go shopping. My hands began to tingle so I applied lotion. When that didn't work I tried Hydrocortisone cream. Aloe Vera didn't work. I tried soaking them in milk to no avail.

At 2 am I went to the emergency room and they gave me pain medication and the burn cream they give to burn victims. After about an hour the burning eased up. Cost me $192.00 for this experience and I'm passing it along so that no other reader makes the same mistake. Needless to say, I TRASHED the peppers.

MamawKC

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsApril 17, 2005
🐛
📓
🌻