Professional Looking Frosting

After you have frosted your cake, use a hair dryer to go over the icing just until it begins to melt. Your cake will have a shiny, professional look.

Source: Real Simple website

By Elaine S. from Near Cedar Rapids, IA

I think it would be a good idea to have a special hair dryer for this purpose. When you dry your hair, lint, dandruff and short hairs are pulled into the fan and come out with the hot air. That's a cake I don't want to eat.

Anonymous

I think this is a fabulous idea, Elaine!

The only way any hair, lint or dandruff is going to blow out of any blow dryer and on to the cake is if it doesn't have a filter and in all my years of personally using a blow dryer (and 35 years using professionally) I've never seen one without a filter. Without a filter, especially if your hair is long, it would easily get sucked into the dryer - LOL! ;-)