Add Jump Rings to Handmade Jewelry

When making a necklace or bracelet as a gift (or for yourself!), you can achieve a professional effect and practical function by adding 8-10 (or however many you want) jump rings on the end of one side of the strand opposite the clasp. This allows the wearer to adjust the length of the necklace or bracelet, especially nice for aligning a necklace to different necklines.

Then, for a really nice, finished look, place something decorative at the end of the jump rings. In my photo, I've used jewelry wire to create a crystal and silver bead ornament for the end of my jump rings on a red crystal necklace.

Source: My own idea, but I was inspired by various jewelry catalogs including Sunset.

By stephanie from Anchorage, AK

That is a great idea. Jump rings are so easy to make. Notice the craft of mine that was just posted about making "o" rings to make a charm bracelet with Shrinky Dinks.

I also found a bag of "o" rings at the Dollar Store for just $1.00. What a bargain. I have a small necklace extender that I use alot to make a necklace longer. The idea you suggested would work very well too.

Thanks for the idea. I just finished some plaster of Paris Halloween jewelry pieces and used your advise for the "O" ring that I added to my bent ornament hanger that is in the top of the jewelry pieces. It worked great.

Crafts JewelryAugust 25, 2009
👒
🌻
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf54560658.tip.html