Cat Litter For Traction On Ice

By sprinkling clean cat litter on your sidewalk or driveway, it may save you from a bad fall and it will give you traction if you have ice under the snow. Remember the cat litter won't hurt your lawn either. You don't have a cat? Well you are missing out on a loving pet and she or he could be saving you from a fall on the ice besides. Cat litter is cheap from the discount stores.

Source: Family Almanac 2010

By Ann Winberg

For those who live in snowy winters, I highly suggest to keep a bag of cat litter in the trunk of your car. If your car wheels lose traction on snow and ice, place litter under your tires. This might give you enough traction to get you out of the slick spot.

Just make sure it's not the kind that clumps together. It gets slick as snot, but the regular cat litter works great for both getting stuck and on concrete. I keep some in the trunk of my car for those just in case moments.

Make sure it's not a litter with ammonia as the freshness ingredient. That's harmful to a lot of things.

It's important to only use clay litter with no additives. Besides killing your grass, your carpet can also become discolored if the litter contains "odor killers".

I've used the kitty litter a few times & will not again. At least in my cases, the cat litter turned to a nasty mush!

Didn't help me at all for tire traction, ust sprayed the 'mush' all over the place. Protect your clothing if you try it! I didn't. :(

Home and Garden Home Improvement Home SafetyJanuary 17, 2011
💘
🍀