Reusing Dryer Sheets

This is another tip using fabric softener sheets. To get a better value from them, reuse them. A sheet can be used four times. Each time you use one, cut a bit off a corner. Toss the sheet after the fourth use.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL from Bloomington, IL

I prefer to cut my dryer sheets into thirds and use each piece once. That seems to give me the right amount of softening.

I heard awhile ago not to reuse dryer sheets due to the fire danger. I do not remember where I heard it but it sounds possible. Dry sheets make a good insect repellent. Put under your collar.

Hi. I have another way to save on dryer sheets. When I get my new box I have a jar sitting on the dryer. I put 2 sheets in it and fill with water. Every time I use a sheet I put it in the jar. Then when the box is empty I have a jar full of very well scented dryer sheets.

Just pull them out and wring some of the water out and just like a fresh one. They work just as good and a brand new one. Have been doing this for years seeing I raised 3 boys and washed football uniforms for the youth club. You need to save when you have 150 uniforms to wash. Hope this is helpful to the penny wise people.
Barb Michigan

You can reuse dryer sheets to clean the gunked on grease in the kitchen works like magic.