Buy Electronics and Computer Gear at Thrift Stores

Think you can only get clothes and household items at thrift shops? There is often a lot of electronic and computer gear there, too. When our computer keyboard fritzed out last week, my hubby went out to the thrift shop and bought a new keyboard (still in packaging) for about $5.00! You can often put together computer systems for very little money by buying the components at thrift stores. My husband has done that for some of his students over the years.

By pam munro from L.A., CA

We got a flat panel monitor for our son's computer at Salvation Army for $20!

This is something we'll have to try, my ergonomic keyboard cost $45 new from Wal-mart, 3 years ago. Sometimes the technology is outdated, but hubby did find me a perfectly serviceable stand-alone VCR at our local St Vincent de Paul thrift shop for $5 this spring. Retail stores only had combo units that included a DVD.

When my Hp keyboard broke,i went to my local thrift store and bought another one for just $1. I also bought a bigger surge protector for $4 and a psc for $7 and they all work like new.And my husband told me not to but at thrift stores" before now he is all for them.

lol. It saves me time and $

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingAugust 10, 2010
🎂
📓
🌻