Dog Treats to Put in Kong Toy

My dog has a Kong toy (www.kongcorporation.com), size large, red which we purchased at the Kroger grocery store. Also sold at PetCo. Suggestions for low cost replacement crackers?

I've tried stuffing Milkbone doggie cookie chews inside, but dog doesn't get them out. He just bites off the part that protrudes from the Kong. This is a pooch with a yearn to chew, usually likes a challenge and has strong jaws.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Best Answer

I use peanut butter, canned veggies, canned soup, or dog food. I then put it in the freezer make sure it is frozen for several hours or over night. Ally loves her Popsicles.

Best Answer

My golden retriever loves milkbone-type biscuits with peanut butter solidly frozen in her Kong toy. Sure keeps her busy!

Best Answer

I put cat kibble in our dog's, because it is different than dog food. The flavors are fish and milk, etc. so it is a different sort of treat for him.

the kong website has several recipes
http://www.kong … worlds_best.html
then click on "tips and advice" and then KONG recipes.

PS: My addy was wrong. As someone pointed out, it's 'company', not 'corporation'.
Thanks!

We've used broken milk bones mixed with peanut butter .
Made our boys happy! Another thing for you if your dog is a chewer is go to a pet supply shop or a farm and feed store and get smoked beef knuckles, shin bones, "dino" bones... the knuckles are only about 1.99 and they're about the size of a beagle's head. LOTS of great chewing there! We got our boys (a beagle/basset mix and an English Pointer) each one for Yuletide. They're STILL chewing them! there's also cow's hooves and pig's ears. all of which are really good for your dogs and no chance of some of the more powerful canines shredding (yes, I've seen a shredded Kong) the rubber and swallowing some.

They have the crackers for the Kongs at petsmart for around $7 for a bag of around 20. I put peanut butter and pieces of Beggin Bacon Strips for my dogs to get. Hope this helps. Yessy