Filling Ideas for a Kong Dog Toy

These nearly indestructible dog chew toys can be filled with tasty treats to keep your dog interested. This guide is about filling ideas for a Kong dog toy.

Want to keep your dog or puppy busy for a half hour? Fill a Kong toy with peanut butter and put it in the freezer. This is a perfect treat for a hot day or for when guests come over and you need to keep the dog off of them! The p.b. is good for the dog and it keeps their old toy interesting too.

By Amy

My dog has a Kong toy (www.kongcorporation.com), size large, red which we purchased at the Kroger grocery store. Also sold at PetCo. Suggestions for low cost replacement crackers?

I've tried stuffing Milkbone doggie cookie chews inside, but dog doesn't get them out. He just bites off the part that protrudes from the Kong. This is a pooch with a yearn to chew, usually likes a challenge and has strong jaws.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers

Best Answer

I use peanut butter, canned veggies, canned soup, or dog food. I then put it in the freezer make sure it is frozen for several hours or over night. Ally loves her Popsicles.

By BellaNell (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My golden retriever loves milkbone-type biscuits with peanut butter solidly frozen in her Kong toy. Sure keeps her busy!

Best Answer

I put cat kibble in our dog's, because it is different than dog food. The flavors are fish and milk, etc. so it is a different sort of treat for him.