WeatherizingHome Improvement

Leftover Peel and Stick Tiles for Weatherstripping

My house is very old, and I have a lot of drafty windows and doors. Of course, I don't like to turn up my heat very much due to the high cost of electricity. So, I did what a lot of you do; hanging drapes, using plastic on my windows, etc. My old doors were so drafty, I needed something to put in between the door and frame. I had just redone my kitchen with those peel and stick tiles (which you can cut with scissors). I had a few left over, and cut them to fit the door jam. Within minutes I can tell the difference. Who knew you could use peel and stick tiles to help with drafty doors!

I thought that was a very helpful suggestion and at my work place we have a door that needs help as it is probably an inch off of the floor. "Very" drafty. I hope you have the ability to control where you heat your house. I have actually hanged plactic sheeting in doorways to trap heat in a room. It seemed to work well enough. My brother in law is also a frugal person and has a quartz heater where he hangs blankets in front of the living room for the family (3 of them) and they just stay in there evenings. I hope you are all doing well. Stay Warm! :)