FitnessHealth & Beauty

Stretch Muscles in Hot Tub Before Swimming

I've been swimming at the gym to help my back pain and I like to go into the hot tub before and after swimming. I've found that when I'm alone in the hot tub it's a great place to do my warm-up stretches. The heat from the hot tub helps increase my flexibility and decreases my back pain.

A second thing that helps my muscles is before I go from the hot tub into the much cooler swimming pool, I'll first cool myself down gradually in the shower instead of jumping right into the pool. By slowly cooling my body's temp down, it's less of a shock to my muscles which means there's less chance I'll hurt myself.

By Cyinda