Mark Medication Times On Calendar

If you have to take medication every day or more, and don't always remember if you take it, get into the habit of writing on a calendar the time of day or night every time you take it. You might want a calendar just used for this.

By Jae from Kingston, NY

This tip is a little ridiculous, at least in my mind. If I can't remember to take the meds, how am I supposed to be expected to remember to write it on the calendar?

The way I remember is I keep my meds in those plastic med boxes. I buy mine at the dollar store. I label each one with the time, it already has the day of the week. If I have started them on a day other than Sunday then I start filling on the day that I actually started taking the pills.

This way I can tell at a glance if I have forgotten a dose, because that dose will still be in the box.

Another advantage to doing it this way, is if I'm going to be away from home at med time, I just take the box with me so I can take it at the correct time.

Also I keep the box (at home) next to my plate so that I remember to take the meds. Or if the med time doesn't coincide with meal time, then I set an alarm clock to remind me. I set one clock for each dose during the day (I got the clocks from the dollar store too).

I'm all for any workable method to remember important things like taking your meds. However, I also use my "pill-minder" instead of writing it down. I couldn't see a note once I wrote it, in any case.

I tried to get hubby to follow my method - especially when he was recently on Acyclovir. Five daily doses - what a hassle! For several days, he took it just whenever it "felt" like the right time, which was sometimes only one hour since the previous dose.

I finally blew up at him and bullied him into allowing me to help him spread out the doses properly. For that, I reset the alarm on my watch after each dose, and verbally listed the times he'd taken it to know when he'd taken the final daily dose. Was I ever glad when we finished!

I take medicine in the morning, turn bottles upside down then in the evening I turn them right side up before I go to bed. Works for me!

Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsMay 12, 2011
🍀
💘