Lawn MowersMachines

Where is the Fuse on a Poulan Lawn Tractor?

I have a Poulan lawn tractor; when I turn key I get nothing. I charged the battery, still nothing. I see some people mention a fuse. Where is the fuse located?

By Mack from Tyler, TX

Fuse is located under the dash, just below the amp meter. Follow the wiring harness, find the wire with the blade fuse.
If that isnt the case, load test your battery. If the battery is providing enough amps to crank your starter, check all three of your safety switches with an ohm meter. They should only be open in one direction.

Anonymous

What does a blade fuse look like?

i do not have an amp meter where else could I look

Anonymous

This is 21 hp riding

Murray

I DO NOT HAVE AN AMP METER WHERE ELSE COULD I LOOK

i am by no means a mechanic. I'm just an old lady that tries to fix her own mower/car and sometimes with great success. I changed the fuse on my other mower and it fired right up. On that mower Bolen I had to take off the plate behind your legs when you sit on it. I am about to go out and trace down the fuse on my Poulan.

I have a suspicion I will have to take out the battery and the battery holder and it would be inside there. I hope yu can understand this but if your battery cables are clean and tight and the headlights turn on when you flip the switch I would go to the fuse and then the solenoid.