Help with Stray Cats?

I have 4 stray cats that hang out on my back porch. I have a male neutered cat inside. Apparently, one of the strays is also a male (unneutered) and he has been spraying my house--gross! I have a 2 year old and I don't want him to go out and play when this cat sprays.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this stray cat to stop spraying or to get him to leave? Help please! melissa in wv

Place white pepper powder in those areas. Cats always sniff and scratch before going to the bathroom. I have the same problem and it really works.

Also it won't hurt anyone, it will just annoy the cats until they find other places to go.

By Linda (Guest Post)

Do the pet population a favor and trap him with a cruelty -free trap. Sometimes the local humane society will loan these out. Then get him neutered. There are feral cat rescues that can help with costs, but neutering is fairly cheap anyway.

I've never known a cat that likes mothballs, and only one that can tolerate the smell of vinegar. You might consider spraying the porch and surrounds with undiluted vinegar. You'll have to redo every day or two for a while (or if it rains), but it's better than the smell of cat urine!

If this doesn't work, you may want to put mothballs by each corner of your porch. Good luck!

Terry

Call you local rescue groups and ask them to pick the poor cats up. They are in need of medical care then they will be put up for adoption.

It is inhumane to force a cat to go outdoors, these kitties will be better off in a loving family.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Lurk by an open window and squirt him with a strong jet from a water pistol. Not harmful but the surprise.shock will deter him from coming back as he will then associate your porch with the surprise. You may need to do it a couple of times.

Regards

Jo

By nina (Guest Post)

I've also heard citronella oil works (outside!), but avoid using it on cement or similar surfaces as it will stain.

Home and Garden Pest Control CatsFebruary 15, 2005
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf585061.tip.html