Raggedy Andy Pencil Holder
- empty clean vegetable can
- flesh color spray paint
- Sharpies, red and black
- few yards of red yarn
- ribbon for bowtie
- hot glue gun
- cardboard, 2 inches wide and 10-12 inches long
- Spray the can with the flesh color paint. Let dry.
- Add features to face with Sharpies, using picture as a guide. Start eyes about 1-1/2 inches from top of can and leave room for the bow tie at the base.
- Cut the cardboard to fit around the can. A cereal box works well for this.
- Wrap yarn as shown, then sew about 1/4 inch from one edge. Clip yarn along opposite edge, and carefully remove the strip. It will tear along the stitches. It is not necessary to get the strip out along the sewn edge.
- Turn the can upside down and hot glue the strip around the edge of the can. You may have to hold it in place for a bit until the glue sets.
- Turn can right side up and smooth the hair so it hangs down.
- Fashion a bow from ribbon and hot glue in place at base of the can.
The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader
Click Here to download the Raggedy Andy Pencil Holder Instructions in PDF format.
About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years. Harlean has a CD available with 11 unique crafts designs for only $5.00 (including shipping). For more information visit:
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.