Dog Scared To Go The Bathroom Outside

My almost 5 month old Pit Bull girl, rarely ever goes to the bathroom outside. Now, she pees and poops on paper in the kitchen. Now that she is crated she is making a mess in her crate pooping all over. I don't know what to do. No matter what I do she doesn't got to the bathroom outside. Whenever she hears noises she gets scared. Please can someone help me?

Tara from NY

Best Answer

Take her out on a leash with kind words. She is probably afraid to be away from her "Momma". Also, if you crate train her, she will stop "going" in her crate because it's her den.

Best Answer

I had a pup that would be playing outside and all of a sudden, she would run as fast as she could to get into the house to use the paper. I know your situation is a little different but what I did was to move the paper several feet at a time through the kitchen out onto the porch and finally just outside the porch and across the yard to where I wanted her to go. The process took a while but worked like a charm. Once I got the paper where I wanted it, I just left it there. She ALWAYS went to that spot long after the paper was gone. You may want to end your paper right outside the door until she gets used to going outside. Good Luck and don't give up. Your puppy is worth the effort.

Best Answer

Repeat, repeat, repeat and lots of praise when she goes. When she doesn't say nothing (this is hard) but don't make the time unpleasant for her and she will eventually be the good dog you expect. Love always wins out. Take her outside at regular times during the day and at e same place, be upbeat and happy when she does what is expected.

Tara,
Go to Leerburg.com. It is an information site with everything you would ever need to know about dogs. It's huge but search and explore and ask questions. You will be amazed.

I'd say to consult a good trainer to get his/her opinion.

She will go outside with your help. Just take her outside and stand outside and be FIRM tell her
'potty outside' and PRAISE her when she does it,
give her small treat immedately after so she knows
what a good doggie she is. YOU have to be the boss, firm yet kind and prasing. My yorkie would get
too excited and would pee as he ran in the sliding door and pee on the ceramic tiles in kitchen as he ran in. I had to stand out there until he did his biz and praise him. It took a few fimes out there for me
and he got it. Dogs are smart they will learn If she is very scared just reassure her and praise it will work. Good Luck.

Did you just get her, I ask cause she goes to the bathroom in her crate so I have to wonder if you just got her did her previous owners use her crate as punishment. could be the problem she does not have a safe haven When she goes to the bathroom in her crated plz do not get on to her the crate should be her safe haven and if you get on to her while she is in side it, that is punishment. Is she on a schedule we put our Roxxy in the crate at night when we first got her and then each morning at 5 she is taken outside to be fed and watered and to go to the bathroom we would stay with her and then an hour later bring her in tell her to go get in her bed (crate) and we would leave a toy with her not a bone they have a habit of constantly chewing which can cause blisters in their mouth, and splintering and then we would get home we would go and let her out feed and water her and play with her. With her being scared of noises I wonder the same regarding previous owners, Spend as much time as you can outside and comfort her let her know that there is nothing that is going to hurt her. This will take some time but it is worth the effort. When you discipline her do it in a firm voice plz do not yell make you commands easy for her like no stay site come here. Dogs are just like children they need to have structure in their lives.