Don't Use Microwave to Melt Candles

Category Tips

I had two candles in glass jars that I wanted to remove. As suggested by one of the members, I put the container in boiling water and as the wax melted I poured it into a disposable container.

I also had read a suggestion to melt the wax by putting the candle in the microwave. However, I found this was not a good idea. I put it in for only 10 seconds and a FIRE started! Luckily I stayed by the microwave to keep an eye on it.

By Judy from Columbus, Ohio

Did you perhaps leave the lil metal disc the wick is held in with?

A sure fire way (no pun intended) to remove candles from jars/holders, etc. is to place them in the freezer. A few hours and they will come right out. I have been doing this for years!

MAKE A GREAT XMAS GIFT!
Yes the freezer is fine but this is a large jar candle to big to drop out of the hole. I'm not using a knife to try and break it up.

That's a good way to stab myself..LOL..... I think I will try the boiling water. That way I can use my Christmas silicone ice cube trays and make tarts for Xmas gifts!

I used the same tip to finish up the job with hot water. DO NOT DO THIS as it will ex0ode because the wax traps the gas that is trying to escape (the water boiling) this caused an explosion of wax all over my microwave

Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 5, 2010
📓
🐛
😷
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59484202.tip.html

TipsFrugal Living