TipsFrugal Living

Don't Use Microwave to Melt Candles

Category Tips

I had two candles in glass jars that I wanted to remove. As suggested by one of the members, I put the container in boiling water and as the wax melted I poured it into a disposable container.

I also had read a suggestion to melt the wax by putting the candle in the microwave. However, I found this was not a good idea. I put it in for only 10 seconds and a FIRE started! Luckily I stayed by the microwave to keep an eye on it.

By Judy from Columbus, Ohio

Did you perhaps leave the lil metal disc the wick is held in with?

A sure fire way (no pun intended) to remove candles from jars/holders, etc. is to place them in the freezer. A few hours and they will come right out. I have been doing this for years!

MAKE A GREAT XMAS GIFT!
Yes the freezer is fine but this is a large jar candle to big to drop out of the hole. I'm not using a knife to try and break it up.

That's a good way to stab myself..LOL..... I think I will try the boiling water. That way I can use my Christmas silicone ice cube trays and make tarts for Xmas gifts!