Helpful HintsFood Tips

Use Every Bit from the Margarine Tub

I always add a little margarine to my macaroni after it's cooked and ready to be served. When I opened the tub of oleo, I saw that it was almost empty but contained just enough oleo to do the job. I placed a large spoonful of the hot macaroni inside the tub, replaced the lid, gave it a few swirls, removed the lid and poured the macaroni along with every drop of the melted oleo into the pan with the bulk of the pasta. Cleaned out every bit of that margarine in a jiffy!

By Jean from Bloomington, IL

By ginok (Guest Post)

That is so funny, I do that too! I also do that when using the last of the mayo for macaroni or potato salads. Fill half of the jar with mac or pot and shake or stir until its all used up! Many times I use the jar to store the salad in too!

By Linda (Guest Post)

I have done this too. Mainly wanted to say HI to another Bloomington, IL citizen.