FamilyBetter Living

Empty Nest for the Holiday Season

Category Family

I am finally able to be somewhat content with having an empty nest, but I dread the holiday season as the house is so quiet and I am lost at the thought of not having all my kids home! How can I make this an enjoyable season for my husband and I without busting the bank? I do invite other people, but it just isn't the same.

By NMY

You are right. It isn't the same, but if you look around you will see many people who are alone for the holidays. Once I decided that I had to do something different for the holidays and began discussing it with others I founded many new traditions.

Now a trip to the Victorian Christmas, put on in Nevada City Ca is a must. At first only me and one other but now there are five of us. Who knows how many there will be when the word gets around. How about the Messiah performance at a local church or a group getting together to rent a limo to tour the light displays in your town. That was really fun and the limo held up to a dozen people.

Make cookies to share with everyone. They all get busy and will appreciate the homemade touch. Reach out and touch others. They will appreciate it and the glow will be in your heart all year.