MachinesRepair

Faulty Electric Blanket Control

I just got a new heated blanket and one of the digital controls does not work. Please, if you know the problem, please tell me. (I freeze at night.)

By Tarik from Denver, CO

Did you buy it brand new from a store, or did you receive it as a gift? Look for the manufacturer's name and call the store and tell them about the faulty control. I couldn't be bothered with an electric blanket. I have a large wool blanket that I put on the bed + the comforter and it's just as warm as any electric blanket.

The control sounds like it's defective. Return the item to the store and exchange it for another one. I also cannot be bothered with electric blankets. In the coldest weather I use a quilt with a down comforter on top of that and it is plenty warm.

Take it back to the store and replace it.

It does sound like a faulty control. I have found that the new type of heat sensing electric blankets don't keep me warm at all. As soon as I moved around I would get cold all over again, and unfortunately I'm a restless sleeper.

Last year I bought an oversized sleeping bag, and I've been sleeping in it during the cold weather. It keeps me toasty warm and I love it.