Will a Broken Bamboo Plant Stalk Survive?

I broke my mother's bamboo plant at the stalk, upsetting us both. Will it live or die? It's still attached, and she taped it for support. Will it live? How do I fix it?

By Gabby from PA

It's fine! Bamboo is impossible to kill. It grows and spreads forever and ever.

I don't know anything about bamboo outside, but if the bamboo is a house plant you can cut it off at the stalk where it broke. You can then put the broken piece in a new container, or even in the same container as the original plant. You may be able to root it. Leave the bottom part of the broken stalk in the original container. It will probably send out new stalks from the original. Be sure you keep the stalk ends in water and do not fertilize. You may end up with two bamboo plants instead of one!

I don't know anything about bamboo outside, but if the bamboo is a house plant you can cut it off at the stalk where it broke. You can then put the broken piece in a new container, or even in the same container as the original plant. You may be able to root it. Leave the bottom part of the broken stalk in the original container. It will probably send out new stalks from the original. Be sure you keep the stalk ends in water and you have a good chance of success. You may end up with two bamboo plants instead of one!