Nail Fungus Remedies

What is a good home remedy for toe nail fungus?

By Deborah

Best Answer

My husband has the same problem with toe nail fungus and he uses a home remedy. Buy a bag of cotton balls and cut each in half since you don't need to use a full cotton ball. Saturate the cotton ball with cider vinegar and apply to each toe nail before going to bed each night.

You have to be consistent with this treatment.

The reason why he won't take medication that the doctor prescribed is that it could destroy his liver over time.

Anonymous
Best Answer

After battling mine for over a year and being told that the only effective route were pills, I instead chose to rub cold pressed coconut oil on my toe after my shower each morning. It was gone in two weeks!

You need to take an oral anti fungal to get rid of the full issue. Your body is harboring it. Did not matter how much topical meds my son used, putting the oral on board made it go away.

I've had it for six years and pretty much gave up because I am not going to damage my liver to get rid of the fungus. I tried all the home remedies over the years to no avail. It does improve the appearance of the nail to use Vicks vaporrub though. However, I started a no flour no sugar diet several months ago and was surprised to see my fungus is clearing up. It must be cutting out the sugar. I never thought I could wear sandals without being self-conscious again. I do cheat a little on the sugar like if it is a special occasion. But I think there is a lot of hidden sugar in our foods. I started checking labels and I won't buy anything that has more than 2 grams of sugar unless it is pure fruit. I use date syrup as a sweetener so I get to eat some of the sweet stuff without having to rely on artificial sweeteners. I am excited about my discovery and wanted to share. I wonder how common nail fungus is in countries where the sugar intake is low?