Grocery ShoppingShopping

Buy Asian Spices and Products at an Asian Market

Don't buy your Asian spices and products (soy sauce, peanut or sesame oil, tofu, chile paste, etc.) at the grocery store. You'll pay anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 less by going to an Asian market.

Becky

I was told recently that if I went to an Asian jewelery store, that I'd get much cheaper prices on items than in an American jewelery store.

By Claudia (Guest Post)

We have several large asian markets near where I work and I've saved a lot buying spices, rice, tea there. They also have wonderful, fresh produce and fish- at about a third of the price of regular grocery stores. This can save you a bundle if you have a large family or entertain often. It's also fun just to look through the very different canned and packaged stock they carry. Might give you some new ideas for future meals.

If you are confused by the way the aisles are arranged in an asian grocery store, bear in mind that the products are lined up according to country. The chinese products are in an aisle, separate from the japanese products... That's why you will see duplicate products as you visit the whole store. I don't know about the freezers, though.