Prescription DrugsHealth & Beauty

Use Craft Containers For Daily Medication and Vitamins.

The dosette cases from the pharmacy did not have enough room to hold my daily vitamins and medication. The craft or dollar store have small round cases that screw into one another.

Buy enough for morning, afternoon (if you need), and night. Set them up for the 7 days of the week and label each one by day and time i.e. am, noon, pm.

As you take your vitamins and medication, place the empty container on the bottom and the next day and dosage will be right on hand. Buy a few extra containers as they do tend to break down with usage.

I hope this helps. It became a life saver for me when I was having difficulty remembering if I took my medication.

By Laurie from Oakbank, Manitoba, Canada

Although your idea sounds great, I have one that may be even less costly. I care for a disabled woman who takes many medications in the Am and Pm. We use small solo cups and a container from a fishing supply store to hold the cups. (there are about 24 compartments). I mark the lids accordingly (AM / PM) so she does not get confused as to which container holds the am or pm meds. This has worked for many years. The solo cups we buy in bulk and have not had to replenish our supply for over 5 years now.

The dollar store or walmart have pill/vitamin containers that have a row for each of the 7 days of the week. Each row has 4 pockets--one for morning, noon, afternoon, and evening. Each row is also removable, so if you're going somewhere, you can pull it out and take it with you. Actually, there are several different types of pill containers, some better than others. They are well worth the money. I've been using mine for years.

I've been doing this for years. It's a huge help for those of us who must take several meds, and tend to get confused about what was taken when. :-)

We do this too! My kids and I both have medications and sometimes it is hard to keep track of all the dosages. This really helps you keep on top of it.

http://www.savi  ri.blogspot.com/