FurnitureDecorating

Ideas for a Unique Feminine Style Bed

I am looking for suggestions on types of beds. I'm in need of a twin or full bed, it needs to be feminine and very unique. I love old fashioned ones, you know from the 19th century and canopies.

If you have any ideas and/or ways to make it, that would be wonderful.

Have fun!

By Ki-Ree from FL

I love old-fashioned metal beds, but I shy away from the brass ones. If you like metal beds, perhaps you could find one that needs to be repainted. You could paint it in pretty pastels for something old but unique looking. If you have a high ceiling, you could go with a canopy.(But, if you have a ceiling fan, the canopy may block out some of the air.) Good luck in your search.

You could make a crown for the bed or make a fabric headboard. You can use some silky and sheer fabric for a dust ruffle and some pillows. I found an old carved foot board from a bed at a garage sale, painted it white and hung it above my bed, looks really pretty. Good luck:)

Maybe look at getting a daybed. Many have pretty iron ornamentations. Can add colorful throw pillows and a pretty cover and dust ruffle, plus many have another option with a frame to store another mattress underneath so you get an extra sleeping space too.