Three Meals from Spaghetti Meat Sauce

I quite often make up a large batch of meat sauce.

1. The first night I make spaghetti and meat sauce. I serve this with tossed salad, garlic bread).

2. The next night, I make pizzas on flat breads using the sauce, and shredded cheese.

3. The third night I make spaghetti pie. This is leftover spaghetti combined with an egg, seasonings on the bottom, topped with meat sauce and grated cheese. This is baked in the oven.

This way I get 3 meals out of one pound of hamburger!

By Laurie from Kingston, Ontario

Excellent ideas here! Another way to use up leftover spaghetti sauce is to dilute it with a bit of stock or water, and use as a sauce over cabbage rolls or stuffed peppers. My "house soup" (made with fried onions, stock and compatible leftovers), also benefits from a bit of added tomato.

Also... I turn left over sauce into Chili; add chili powder, can tomatoes, chili beans, onion, and we like it super chunky, so we add celery & mushroom.

When I make sloppy joe I make extra and freeze it to use it for spaghetti sauce when we are in the mood for it.

I always make a large pot of sauce. Some for supper that night. The rest I freeze and mark the containers with how many cups of sauce in each. They are easy to thaw in the microwave and then they can be used in whatever way I choose. It will last several months in the freezer especially if you cover the sauce with a plastic wrap before putting the cover on.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversJune 2, 2009
🌻
😷
📓
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62792327.tip.html