Water and Pennies Home Remedy for Flies?

I was reading on T/F about a remedy for deterring flies using pennies, basil, and water in a Ziploc bag. How does this work and would it work indoors? Many thanks. Helen xxx

By helen from United Kingdom

I have seen this in many different forms, the most popular of these being the mason jar of water with aluminum foil floating in it. I have seen the baggies with the pennies. The idea behind this is the difference in light vibration and waves or refraction. Here is some more info. animals.howstuffworks.com/.../water-bags-repel-flies.htm

I have been in a restaurant that had jars of tin foil all over the place on each table. Also these kept flies off of a neighbor's porch one summer. As for really knowing why, we can only guess!

Blessings,
Robyn

Home and Garden Pest Control FliesMay 11, 2011
🐛
😎
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf63068000.tip.html