Valentine Card Holder
Put your favorite Valentine in this easy-to-make and inexpensive wire and wine cork holder!
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- 1 foot colored floral wire from the dollar store
- round-nose pliers
- wire snips
- 1 wine or champagne cork
- 3 beads which fit onto your wire
- needle-nose pliers
- Cut 1 foot of colored floral wire off with wire snips.
- Using the tip of the round-nose pliers, turn one end of wire in on itself to form the beginning of a spiral.
- Continue to spiral next 3 inches of wire.
- Slip all three beads on to wire below spiral.
- Bend wire below beads at a right angle to secure.
- Make a small loop underneath that part.
- Now finish your wire off by shaping remaining length into a shallow wavy shape.
- Using the wire snips, cut the bottom end of the wire into a sharp angle; about 45 degrees.
- Stick that sharp point into the top of the wine or champagne cork, right into the middle.
- Position your valentine sandwiched inside of the spiral's rungs.
- Well done! :)
By Brianna Southworth from Dutch Harbor, AK
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!