BathroomHome Improvement

Slippery Faucet

I have a daycare in my home and just recently had to replace my faucet in the bathroom. The one that was there had a handle on each side that was like a bicycle handlebar.


Being on a budget and not thinking, I bought the cheap kind that alot of people have; just the regular chrome faucet, and now the children have a hard time turning the knobs.

Besides rubber bands, can anyone suggest anything that would make it easier for the toddlers to turn on and off? I do not want to use rubber bands because I am not actuaally in the bathroom with them every time.

A. Cope

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

By Allison (Guest Post)
March 8, 20050 found this helpful

You could super-glue the rubber bands to the faucet so they won't come off.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Birdly (Guest Post)
March 8, 20050 found this helpful

You might try some athletic tape like they use on tennis rackets or hockey sticks. Another option could be a plastic/rubber type of coating used for adding grip to tool handles.


They sell these at Home Depot. I think you can "dunk" the item you want coated, if that works for you. They may also have a "paint on" option. Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 8, 20050 found this helpful

When I don't want something to slip around I put it on a piece of the open weave kind of shelf liner. You could use that and tie it in place with a piece of cotton yarn like you use to crochet dishcloths with. That way you could take it off to clean/disinfect the entire sink, and replace it when needed, as opposed to glueing it on and the sticky stuff eventually wearing off, leaving residue on hands. I get it and Dollar General for about $1 a roll. I cut it to put under computer speakers, etc. Works great!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By guest (Guest Post)
March 9, 20050 found this helpful

Try grip tape sold for skateboards. It has great adhesive that is very durable and it has a sort of sandy finish.


Otherwise, can you reuse your old knobs? I know you can purchase knobs separately, will your old handles work with the new faucet you bought?

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Barbie (Guest Post)
March 10, 20050 found this helpful

I would also want to becareful with anything that may come off and be could try to find some small non skid stickers like used in bath tubs and see how they would adhere to the faucet handles...

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomMarch 8, 2005
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/09/11 17:50:24 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!